2019 Books about Karl Barth
This list of new and forthcoming titles has been compiled by the Center for Barth Studies. We are striving to be exhaustive, so if there is a title missing from this list, please feel free to contact us. We will continue to update and search for new and upcoming titles about Karl Barth.
Books Published in 2019:
- Barth, Karl and Eberhard Busch. Barth in Conversation, Volume 3, 1964-1968. Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 2019 (Forthcoming in November).
- Bender, Kimlyn J. Reading Karl Barth for the Church: A Guide and Companion. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2019 (Forthcoming in June).
- Bodley-Dangelo, Faye. Sexual Difference, Gender and Agency in Karl Barth’s Church Dogmatics. London: T&T Clark, 2019 (Forthcoming in September).
- Hartman, Tim. Theology after Colonization: Bediako, Barth, and the Future of Theological Reflection. South Bend, IN: University of Notre Dame Press, 2019 (Forthcoming in November).
- Johnson, Keith L. The Essential Karl Barth: A Reader and Commentary. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2019.
- Krötke, Wolf. Karl Barth and Dietrich Bonhoeffer: Theologians for a Post-Christian World. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2019 (Forthcoming in August).
- Moore-Keish, Martha L. and Christian Collins Winn, eds. Karl Barth and Comparative Theology. New York: Fordham University Press, 2019 (Forthcoming in August).
- Rhodes, Ben and Martin Westerholm, eds. Freedom Under the Word: Karl Barth’s Theological Exegesis. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2019 (Forthcoming in May).